Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Teaser Tuesday. This weekly meme is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.


The rules:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser today is from page 13 of With a Name like Love by Tess Hilmo:
"As she passed by, the shop woman muttered, 'If'n you're asking me, I'd say you were looking for a mess of trouble invitin' that Koppel boy to your celebration. He'll bring bad luck upon you and your whole clan - plus shoo us good people away."

I'm going to be taking a short blog break while my kids are on fall break from school. Next week I'll post on Monday and Thursday instead of my usual Tuesday/Thursday schedule. Have a great week, everyone! And if you have a teaser to share, I'd love to hear it!

27 comments:

Maeve Frazier said...

Great teaser! Hope your break is great!

Unknown said...

Great teaser! I adore Tess! Enjoy your small fall break! Have fun with the kiddos!

Bish Denham said...

Love the teaser. Have a nice break with the kiddos.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Interesting teaser! I could hear her voice. :)

Enjoy your week!

DEZMOND said...

Have fun with the juniors!

Joanne said...

Enjoy your break, hope you get in some leaf-peepin' and pumpkin picking :)

Old Kitty said...

Have a great break Susan!! Love your teaser - shoo them good people away! Take care
x

Cherie Reich said...

Have a great break! And, aww, I wonder why no one likes the Koppel boy.

Kelly Polark said...

Love the teaser!
Enjoy the break with your family!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yep, that teaser was good, but I'll bet your break will be better!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Great teaser.
Have an awesome break :)

Golden Eagle said...

Intriguing teaser! I've never heard of the book before.

Have a great break!

Southpaw said...

I love the "shoo us good people away". It's very telling.

PS: I changed my URL and username back to southpaw, but managed to mess up my feeds.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic teaser. :)

Have a restful break.

Talli Roland said...

Great teaser! I really want to read Tess's book.

Susan R. Mills said...

Great teaser! It's already on my TBR list. Have a nice break!

Carolyn V said...

That's the book I'm reading right now too. It's so good! I'm impressed with Tess's writing. ;)

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

That is a great teaser!

Hope you and the kids enjoy your break!

Jo Schaffer said...

Cool.
Bloggy fun! I like this one. Perhaps I will take the challenge on a Tuesday. (=

Lydia Kang said...

Have a wonderful break and thanks for that great teaser!

LindyLouMac said...

Intriguing teaser, enjoy your break. I will not be around commenting again either until we get back from our travels in November. Take Care.

Anonymous said...

I love how this proves that teasers aren't just in the beginning of a book.

Enjoy that fall break!

Marcia Hoehne

Jennifer Shirk said...

That was a great teaser. makes me want to read her book even more so!

Theresa Milstein said...

Thanks for the teaser.

I'm reading Skulduggery Pleasant, Playing with Fire. It's the 2nd in the series. I loved the first one.

Page 205:
"His hand dipped into the pocket, removing the straight razor.
'So good to have it back. It's la part of me, you know? Like a little piece of my soul.'"

Anonymous said...

Intriguing storyline. Have a great break. look forward to seeing you back again.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

My copy of Tess's book arrived while I was in England. It's beautiful!!!! I'm so excited for her. :D

Nas said...

Interesting teaser! Have a nice day!